SWATHY IS BORN IN RUSHIA


Q: Please give about your family background.A: I was born in Russia, brought up in Mumbai and Visakapatinam. I passed out in bio-technology but started my career as a television anchor and did a talk- show. Director Krishnavamsi approached me with an offer to act in his Telugu film Danger. It was followed by Selvaraghavan’s Adavari Matalukku Ardhalae Verulae. Impressed with the performance in that film, Sasikumar wanted me to act in Subramaniapuram.

Q: Did you work hard for the Subramaniyapuram?A: I learnt a lot about the people of Tamilnadu, their culture while working in the movie. In Madurai and Dindigul where we shot the film, people showered boundless love on me. Initially I faced some trouble since I was not fluent in Tamil. However, thanks to my director, I understood the character and its demands. The whole unit worked with vigour to make it a successful film. It has turned out to be a movie to reckon with in my career.

Q: Which vernacular you prefer Telugu or Tamil?A: No, I would like to act in both in Tamil and Telugu films. Art knows no language barrier. If I come across a meaty role, I would take it up immediately unmindful of the language.

Q: About performing glamour roles in films and present film in which you act?A: An actress has to perform all kinds of roles. I am ready to do glamour roles, provided they are within limits. I am acting in Ashta Samma, a Telugu movie It is directed by Mohan Krishna. I am choosy and waiting for right script in Tamil. Hopefully I would get one soon in Tamil.


Back | Home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABHINAYA’S 17 TH SERIAL THIRUPPAVAI

SINGER MANO BECOMES MUSIC DIRECTOR

PIRIVOM SANDHIPOM BRINGS GOLDEN ERA IN TAMIL FILMS